In this article, we will review how to create and print out a visitor badge when checking in a visitor.
Visitor Badge Prerequisites
It is only possible to print a badge once a supervisor has activated the badge option on the Visitors Settings menu.
The badge option needs to be activated per each visitor category, and you can personalize the badge template per category.
Printing a badge for a visitor is only possible via the POST license (computer certificate).
If Badge options are activated, you won't be able to see that category of visitors on m-Post.
How to Create a Visitor Badge
1. Log in GuardTek portal as an Admin or Supervisor
2. Hover over the Settings module and click Visitor Setup
3. All existing visitor categories will be displayed here.
NOTE: If there are no visitor categories listed, please see the Help Center article Adding a Visitor Category
4. Click the green + icon in the Badge column of the Visitor category.
5. You can edit and modify the badge layout in Edit Badge.
Badge Customization Options
Under Badge Settings, you can select from 4 badge size options:
- Custom Size (92 mm x 61 mm)
- A4 (210 mm x 297 mm)
- US Letter (216 mm X 279 mm)
- Business Card (89 mm X 51 mm)
Depending on your selection, the badge in the middle of the page will resize.
Under Badge Settings, click the background color option to activate the color menu. Move the dot to choose the color you would like to use.
Add Additional Fields
Drag & drop fields from the left column into the visitor badge template.
- Picture/Logo: Allows to add a field with an image or logo.
- Free Text: Allows to add a free text field.
- Date: Adds a date field updated automatically with the visitor's check-in time.
- Numeration: Numbers the badge automatically.
- Last Name: Adds a last name field.
- First Name: Adds a first name field.
- Last Name + First Name: Adds a combined first and last name field.
- Company: Adds a company name field.
Note: The Visitor Information fields are not modifiable, as the badge automatically retrieves these fields.
- If you added customizable fields during the badge configuration, these are also configurable in the badge template.
Drag and drop the field to change its position.
Modify field parameters
Clicking a field will allow you to adjust its parameters. You can change the font name, size, color, etc.
- Text: Modify the field text (unavailable for Visitor Information fields).
- Foreground Color: Change the text color.
- Background Color: Change the field background color.
- Bold & Italic: Modify the text to bold or italic.
- Font Name: Change the font displayed in the field.
- Font Size: Adjust the font size.
- Height/ Width & Left/Top: Use these to resize the field.
Import an image into the badge
Click on the image or logo you have imported to open the image parameters and resize it if necessary.
Please note that an image field is already present by default.
Saving your configuration
Select Save to complete your badge configuration.