In this article, we will review how to add a training course.
Before adding a training course, it is recommended that you first review the Resource Center article:
How to Add a Training Course
To add a training course:
1. Log onto the GuardTek web page as a Supervisor-credentialed User with permission to access the GuardTek Management modules.
2. Click the green plus + on the header modules to access the secondary header of modules and click on the Job Skills module:
3. In the Job Skills drop-down, click on the Course Management option:
On the Course Management page, you will have access to 11 Course or Training viewing and editing options:
NOTE: These viewing and editing options are explained under the Resource Center article: The Course Management Page Viewing and Editing Options Explained
4. Click on the green Add a Course button.
5. In the Training Information box, you will have access to 7 viewing and editing options:
Type (1) The type field drop-down allows you to make the training course Routine or Daily. Routine is the default and will need to have the time frame defined.
Skill (2) This will assign the course to a specific employee category. Please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager.
Course or Training (3) The course or training field allows you to name the specific training based on the activity.
For example, CPR, Mace, Baton, Taser, Firearms - Training, Certification, or Re-Certification.
Description (4) The description field allows you to describe the specific training based on the activity briefly.
Needs to be retaken every (5) The "needs to be retaken every" option has two drop-downs that allow you to select the time frame in which training or re-certification must be taken in years and or months.
For example, a re-certification that must be completed every 18 months would be populated like this:
NOTE: The Needs Periodic Retaking column will display as No if these fields are left blank.
Nbr of days for a reminder in advance of the deadline to re-take course (6) The number of days for a reminder in advance of the deadline to re-take course field allows you to set up a reminder to be received before the training deadline or re-certification expires.
Update (7) Once the new training options are added, click the green Update button.
6. In the pop-up box, click the green Add Post Assignment button to access a list of property locations.
7. Check the checkbox(es) of the property(s) you want to add the training to, and then click the green Update button at the bottom of the pop-up box.