In this article, we will review how a Supervisor can add a Tour with NFC Tags on an Android Device, how an Android device User can turn on the NFC reader, and how to verify the property location.
How to Turn a Device NFC Reader Feature On
Before you can add a Tour with NFC Tags on an Android device, you must ensure that your device has its NFC reader feature turned on.
Methods may be verified from device to device and manufacture, but here is the most common current method:
- From a home screen, tap Apps.
- From the Apps tab, tap Settings.
- Tap Share & Connect.
- Tap the NFC switch to turn on or off. If presented with an NFC Note, tap OK.
NOTE: Before you can do a Tour using NFC Tags at a property location, please ensure that the NFC feature has been enabled on each device you plan to use.
How to Verify the Property Location
Ensure you are logged into the property location where you want to create the tour.
Your location will show up at the top of the screen.
If you need to change your location, you can just tap on the menu button next to the location name, tap on Change Site, and select the location where you wish to add the Tour. If you don't see this option, please get in touch with your Success Specialist or our Support team.
How to Add a Tour with NFC Tags on an Android Device
To add a Tour with NFC Tags:
1. Tap on the Menu icon.
2. Tap on Add Tour.
3. Create a name for the tour in the Assign a Tour Name field.
4. Hold the device up to the NFC tag to read the serial number of the NFC Tag.
5. Tap on the serial number to access the qwerty keypad to assign a more descriptive name.
6. Repeat the same process for all NFC Tags for the Tour.
7. Once all of the NFC Tags have been read and renamed exit the qwerty keypad and tap the Add Tour button.
The Tour will now be available to be performed and can be edited/modified on the Guardtek.net web portal.
For further instruction, please see the Article How to Manage Tours