This article will review how to restrict access to a key or asset.
The Key/Asset module tracks keys or assets being loaned or checked out to employees or visitors (usually contractors). You can restrict access to a specific key or asset (for example, safe keys) so that only authorized users can check it out. So, instead of free access to loan keys to any existing or new user, an officer can only select from a restricted list you have assigned.
How to Restrict Access to a Key or Asset
To restrict access to a key or asset:
1. Log in to the GuardTek.net web portal as an Admin or Supervisor.
2. Hover over the Settings module and click Keys Loan and Check-Out
3. Search for the key and click on the icon showing under Authorized Carriers
You will have two user categories: employees or pre-registered visitors.
4. Choose a User Category: Employee/Staff or Pre-Registered Visitors
5. Choose a User Group: All, Company or Employee
All Users within the selected category are authorized carriers.
All Users associated with the selected company or department are authorized carriers.
Only the selected user name will be an authorized carrier.
If the employee's name is not on the list, you need to add it via the Tenant Directory
If the visitor's name is not on the list, you need to add via Pre-Registered Visitor
6. Once selection is done, just click Add.
You can add as many authorized carriers as desired.