Learn how to set up recordings of conversations shared on push-to-talk (PTT).
You can now configure recordings of all communications done on PTT. You can record one or multiple channels as individual audio clips that are given an id number and timestamped. You can keep push-to-talk recordings in the system for up to 30 days, and all users (Post or mPost) are notified that they are being recorded. The supervisory channel is not recorded.
Before you start
The following rights are necessary to use PTT recordings:
- Activates recordings for all platform non-supervisor channels with a single cursor.
Activates recording for non-supervisor channels individually.
Shows the PTT recordings page under the Logbook menu.
Enable recording on all channels
You can ensure that recording is set by default on all channels in your Account Settings.
- Select Settings
- Choose Account Settings
- Select Preferences
- Toggle Allow Push-To-Talk Recording “On.”
Set up a PTT channel as recordable
To start recording a particular PTT channel, go to
- Settings Account Settings Push-To-Talk
- Select an existing channel.
- Select the pencil icon.
- Select Allow Recording
- Select the disk icon to save.
- To create a new PTT channel, go directly to steps 4 and 5.
All communication on the channel will now be recorded, and you can review the recordings in PTT recordings.
Define how long you will keep PTT recordings
You can decide how long you will keep push-to-talk recordings up to a maximum of 30 days. To set a shorter period, go to
- Settings Account Settings GDPR
- Select Push-To-Talk Recordings
- Select the retention period of all recordings
- Choose your retention period and Save.
All recordings will be automatically deleted at the end of the established retention period.
Consult audio clips
Once you have started recording push-to-talk recordings, you can consult them in Logbook PTT recordings.
You can filter by Date Range, Channel Name, and User.
The recordings list allows for continuous playback (enabled by default). From the recordings list, you can
- Play the recording.
- Fast-forward or rewind by 5 seconds.
- Use the slider to find a precise moment in the clip.
To export clips, use the checkboxes in the first column of the table. Selecting one will give you the following options:
- Download combined MP3: This will export an MP3 file containing all selected clips, played one after the other.
- Download metadata in PDF: This will export the results of the selected clips in PDF format.
You can now refer to any recordings within the designated retention period and keep digital copies for your records.