In this article, we will go over how to do a screen recording on a mobile device when trying to duplicate a support issue on the m-Post App.
NOTE: Whenever you or a team member runs into an issue with m-Post, it is always easier for our support team to assist when we can duplicate the problem.
If we cannot duplicate the issue, the next best thing is to have a video that shows exactly what the problem is.
- How to Capture a Screen Recording on an Android 11 or Higher
How to Capture a Screen Recording on an Android 11 or Higher
To capture a screen recording on an Android 11 or higher:
1. Activate the Screen Recorder.
You can access the Screen Recorder feature from the Quick Settings panel in the notification shade.
NOTE: By default, the screen recorder button isn't there, so you must first add the Screen Recorder button.
Drag down the notification shade twice until you see the Quick Settings panel.
Tap the pencil icon in the bottom-left corner.
This will open the Quick Settings editor, where you can customize the panel.
Locate the Screen Recorder icon and drag it from the bottom to the top.
Once you've placed the icon where you want it in the panel, tap the left-pointing arrow to back out of the editor.
Drag down the notification shade twice to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
Locate and tap the Screen Recorder icon.
Tap on Start
After you record, your video will be saved in your Photos app to send to us via email.
How to Capture a Screen Recording on an Android 10 or Lower
NOTE: For Android 10 or lower, you must download a third-party app to record your screen.
To capture a screen recording on an Android 10 or lower:
1. Download AZ Screen Recorder
2. Search the Google Play Store for "AZ Screen Recorder."
3. Install the app.
4. Tap on the Record button to start recording.
Your recordings will be saved in your Photos app to send us via email.
How to Capture a Screen Recording on an iOS device
To capture a screen recording on an iOS device:
1. Activating Screen Recording
2. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap + next to Screen Recording.
3. If you are on an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top right corner of your screen to bring up the Control Center.
On other iPhones, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center. From there, you should see the screen recording icon.
4. Tap on that icon, and the recording will start.
5. To stop recording, tap on the red glowing oval around the time in the top right corner of the screen.
Your recording will be saved in your Photos app to send to us.