In this article we will go over how to calculate and/or recalculate Billing periods in Smartforce.
How to Calculate Billing in Smartforce
To calculate the Billing period in Smartforce:
1. Log onto the https://live.portal.valiant.com/ web portal as an admin or supervisor.
2. Hover over the Billing module and click on Invoice Batches in the Invoicing section or click on the Invoice Batches button in the Important Actions column.
3. On the Invoice Batches page click the Calculate Billing button at the upper right hand corner of the page.
4. Click on the each of the dropdowns to select the desired Business Unit and Week Ending you want to calculate Billing for. If you wish to calculate the Payroll data at the same time as the Billing data you can also check off the Calculate Payroll Before Billing checkbox. Once the options have been selected, press the Calculate Billing button to proceed.
5. The following progress bar will be shown displaying the calculating status of the week in question. Once it has completed, click the Close button to close the window.
6. Alternatively, if you wish to calculate Billing for multiple weeks at a time you can do so by hovering over the TLM module and selecting the Scheduled Week option.
7. On the following screen, clear the Weekending filter to show all weeks created in the system, select the weeks you'd like to recalculate Billing for, and then choose the Calculate Billing Weeks (Selected) option.