The Smartforce Integration Toolkit is a framework that provides an industry-standard RESTful API that is not only easy to work with, but also is language agnostic. Leveraging the AWS API Gateway, this enables any development team to build connections to Smartforce’s TLM application in a multitude of ways. This toolkit provides the ability to:
- Extract information from Smartforce TLM: Using the toolkit, you are able to pull information out of the Smartforce TLM solution into your 3rd party system to use within your operations.
- Insert information into Smartforce TLM: The toolkit allows you to take information from any 3rd party system and map this to data fields within the Smartforce TLM, creating or updating records as needed.
Below is a basic illustration of how the integration flows through the AWS API Gateway:
- Any 3rd party system can create a connection to this framework to request information from Smartforce TLM
- This request is authenticated into the AWS API Gateway using an API key
- Using the AWS Lambda Function, the request is processed through the gateway and sent to Smartforce TLM application
- The Lambda function executes the request (extract or insert information) to Smartforce TLM and is then passed back through the gateway
- The response of the information request is sent back to the 3rd party system, enabling you to interact with Smartforce TLM in a number of ways