In this article we will go over how to create invoice batches in Smartforce.
How to Create Invoice Batches in Smartforce
(IMPORTANT NOTE: Before generating any invoice batch in Smartforce, all of the weeks in the respective Billing period should first be recalculated to ensure the accuracy of the associated data is correct and up to date. For assistance with this process please refer to the article "Calculating Billing in Smartforce".)
To create invoice batches in Smartforce:
1. Log onto the https://live.portal.valiant.com/ web portal as an admin or supervisor.
2. Hover over the Billing module and click on Generate Invoice Batches in the Invoicing section or click on the Generate Invoice Batches button in the Important Actions column.
3. On the Invoice Batches page click the Generate Invoice Batch button at the upper right hand corner of the page.
4. Type in or use the drop down button to add the desired Business Unit.
5. Clicking the drop down menu will access a pop up window. Click on the desired Business Unit then click Select.
6. After Processing, Select your Billing Cycle from the drop down menu.
NOTE: Depending on the Billing Cycle you choose, you may also need to fill out additional fields.
7. Select your invoice date by clicking the calendar icon.
8. The Select All Customers: checkbox will default to being checked. If you want to generate an invoice batch for all customers click the Generate Invoice Batch button at the lower right hand corner.
If you uncheck the Select All Customer: checkbox you will have the option to click the Customers: field drop down.
Here you can select a specific company (or multiple companies) and click the Select button at the bottom right hand corner.
9. After the Generate Invoice Batch button has been pressed, the following status screen showing the generating and processing of the respective invoice batch will be displayed, at which point you should click the Close button after all the steps have completed.
At this point you will be redirected back to the main Invoice Batches page, and the newly generated invoice batch will be shown in the listing. By right clicking on the batch and selecting the Preview Invoices option, you can view the contents of each invoice generated within it:
If you wish you can download a copy of the invoice batch to your local machine by clicking the Download arrow link at the upper portion of the window:
Once you click on the Close button from the above screen the following window will be displayed, where you can choose the Download PDF option to download a copy of the invoice batch to your local machine, or the View PDF option to display the above window with the contents of the invoice batch again:
When you are finished reviewing the batch in question, click the Close button in the above window to return to the main Invoice Batches page.