In this article we will go over how to assign shifts to an employee and how to manage schedules.
- How to Assign a Shift to an Employee
- How to Assign an Employee to Additional Shifts (drag-n-drop short cut)
How to Assign a Shift to an Employee
To assign a shift to an employee:
1. Log onto the Trackforce Valiant web portal as an Admin or Supervisor.
2. Hover over the TLM Module and click the Business Unit option in the Schedule Maintenance section.
3. Click on the Schedule Details button in the Actions column of the Business Unit you want to manage.
4. Click on the 3 horizontal dots in the shift you want to assign and click Assign Employee. You can also right click on the opening.
5. In the pop-up Choose Employee window you can filter your search by Employee Qualify, Availability, Training or Department.
NOTE: These filters are Business Unit settings that can be turned on depending on whether you want the default settings to be turned on or off. For details on what each setting does please see the Help Center article: Understanding the Business Unit Settings for Assigning Employee Shifts
You can use the Search field option to look for an employee by name.
Once you locate the employee you want to assign click their profile and then click Select at the bottom right hand corner.
6. Once you assign the employee then click the Permanent Or Temporary drop down menu and select your desired shift assignment.
7. A green SUCCESS banner will let you know the assignment was successful.
NOTE: If the assignment was Permanent then the assignment will reoccur each time you create a new week. It is visible as a white button by the day of the week with the permanent officer assigned.
If the assignment was Temporary then the shift is visible a a yellow button by the day of the week.
How to Assign an Employee to Additional Shifts (drag-n-drop short cut)
Once an employee has been assigned a shift you can use a quick short cut to assign them additional shifts.
To assign an employee to additional shifts:
1. Follow steps 1 - 7 above.
2. You then can click on an assigned shift and drag it to an open shift to automatically assign that employee to another open shift.
NOTE: Once an assigned shift is clicked to be dragged any open shifts will turn orange and can have that assigned employee dropped into it.
3. A pop up window will allow you to apply the schedule changes to future weeks.
To push the assignment to future weeks that have been created, click Yes in the Apply to Future Week(s)? pop-up box.
To have the assignment only apply to the current week, click No in the Apply to Future Week(s)? pop-up box.