In this article we will take a closer look at the location billing setup options and how to manage them.
How to Manage the Invoice Setting Options
To manage the invoice settings:
1. Log onto the Trackforce Valiant web portal as an Admin or Supervisor.
2. Hover over the TLM Module and click Location in the Schedule Maintenance section.
3. Click on the customer you want to manage the location billing settings for.
4. In the Main Form section at the left hand side of the page click Billing Settings in the Related Information sub-section.
5. The Main tab has 5 individuals sections of information in a viewable format.
To view the information of any section click the expand button on the left.
6. To edit the information of any section click the Edit button on the bottom right hand side of the page.
This will open the information fields and allow you to edit.
7. Fill out the desired fields and click the Save button at the lower right hand corner of the page.
The Billing Settings Options
Invoice Options (1)
Select the Invoice Method: The default is Print and recommended that you not change it until you have completed set up and you confirmed 100%accurate set up.
Add an Invoice Email: for the invoice recipient.
NOTE: Hovering over the Invoice Email: field will bring up a question mark ion a black circle. Click on the icon to view an exact definition.
NOTE: If you set up an email at the Customer level you can leave this field blank. If you input an email here at the Location level and at the Customer level the Location email will be the default email address used to send the invoice.
Billing Address Contacts (2)
Fill out this section with the name, address and contact information that they want to appear on the invoice.
Billing Overtime (3)
The option to set up overtime billing exists here, however, it is highly recommend that overtime billing be set up at the Position level.
Billing Supplemental Details (4)
This section is for informational tracking purposes.
Additional Billing (5)
The Additional Billing section is most commonly used when assigning Sales Tax.
NOTE: Additional billing will add the applicable populated fields in addition to the invoice.
The majority of locations will have a Sales Tax 1: associated with it and will likely have been created which you can access via the drop down arrow.
In some cases there are secondary taxes which can be applied in the Sales Tax 2: field.
If there are no Sales Tax options that have been created you have the option to click the Create button
The Sales Tax: field is typically used to name the sales tax. (i.e. the city, county, regional or state)
The Description: field is typically used to further describe the sales tax name. (i.e. differences between city, county, regional or state taxes)