In this article we will go over how to hire a new employee using the quick hire option.
To hire a new employee using the quick hire option:
1. Log onto your Trackforce Valiant web portal.
2. Hover over or click on the HR module and click Quick Hire in the Important Actions column at the left hand side of the page.
3. On the Employee Quick Hire Form page, type in the new employee's social security number in the Social Security Number field in the Organizational Information section (1).
4. When you type in the new employee's SSN an Apply button will appear. Once the SSN has been properly added in the Social Security Number field, click the Apply button.
NOTE: You will see a quick Processing... indication as the system checks the database for the SSN number you entered and verifies that it doesn't already exist in the system.
5. Click on the Business Unit drop down menu, in the popup window click on the Business Unit Name you want to assign the new employee to and then click the Select button at the bottom right hand corner of the window.
6. This will pre-populate the Department, Job and Status fields.
7. Fill out each applicable section by clicking the expand button on the left of each section.
NOTE: Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk
NOTE: The Email Address: field is not marked as mandatory, however if the client is using ESS it is mandatory in order for the employee to register and use the app.
The Phone: number field is not marked as mandatory, however if the client is using SMS on the app their phone number will need to be added.
Employment Dates (5)
Pay Info (6)
Additional Attributes (7)
The Date of Birth: field is not marked as mandatory, however if the client is using ESS it is mandatory in order for the employee to register and use the app.
NOTE: Taxes are broken down into 3 subcategories: Federal, State and Local.
8. Once all the mandatory and optional fields are filled out click the Save button at the bottom right hand corner.
If any mandatory fields / information was left unpopulated you will get an red ERROR banner explaining the required action. (in this example zip code was unpopulated)
Once all the mandatory information fields have been completed you will get a green SUCCESS banner letting you know the employee was successfully added.