In this article we will go over how to create a new Smartforce customer in the TLM module.
To Create a New Smartforce Customer
1. Log onto the Trackforce Valiant web portal as an Admin or Supervisor.
2. Hover over the TLM Module and click Customer in the Schedule Maintenance section.
3. Click the Actions drop down menu in the upper right hand corner and select Create New.
4. Assign the new customer to a Business Unit by clicking the drop down button.
5. Click in the Business Unit Name you want to assign the new customer to and click the Select button at the bottom rights hand corner of the pop up window.
6. On the Customer page there are 6 sections of customer information that can be added.
NOTE: Mandatory fields are indicated by a red asterisk
Expand the Main Details (1) section and fill out the appropriate or desired fields.
NOTE: The Customer No: field is not indicated as mandatory with a red asterisk but is necessary to add.
It is recommend to use an easy identifier such as the customer initials followed by a numeric indicator, i.e. XYZ01.
Expand the General Details (2) section and fill out the appropriate or desired fields.
NOTE: When there are defaults pre-populated (such as Print in the screen shot below) do not change the defaults during initial customer set up.
Expand the Address Details (3) section and fill out the appropriate or desired fields.
NOTE: Adding an address is not mandatory, however, you must use the drop down menu and add a State even though it is not indicated as mandatory by a red asterisk
If a State is not added in the Address Details section, you will get an orange WARNING banner letting you know there was a validation failure.
Expand the Contact Details (4) section and fill out the appropriate or desired fields.
In the Notes (5) field add any appropriate or desired notes about the Customer.
Tab Options (6)
Clicking on the Integration tab allows you to click the Trackforce Sync Enabled: checkbox to sync with Trackforce.
NOTE: Clicking this box will not send the customer to Trackforce unless the Business Unit is enabled for the integration.
Clicking on the Punch Rules tab allows you to enable and set ranges and grace periods.
NOTE: Adding Punch Rules here will override punch rules added at the Business Unit level if the Punch Rule Enforced checkbox is checked.
Clicking on the Account Details tab allows you to create, edit and show account details of the person(s) involved in and managing the account. These fields are informational only.
Clicking on the Custom Fields tab allows you to create, edit and show custom fields to group customers together in.
7. Once all sections have been filled out as desired click the Save button at the bottom right hand side of the page.
8. A green SUCCESS banner will let you know that the Customer has been successfully created.