The Security function controls access to the application itself and to individual functions within the application.
- The assignment of permissions and user rights is administered and maintained by the client (not Valiant).
- An authorized user can create/edit user logins and passwords for other users.
- Specific permissions can be assigned to an individual user or category of users.
- Vision™ has three (3) user categories: USER, DEFAULT and SUPERUSER.
All individual Vision™ users must be designated a User or Superuser.
- This category is created by Valiant.
- Generally assigned to those individuals who will be assigned the responsibility of the organization,
typically the System Administrator.
- Has full security rights and privileges to all Levels, Divisions and application functions.
- Can create security rights and restrictions for all other user categories.
- Users cannot create a Superuser.
- Special user category designed to create Permission Groups – from which individual users may be
- Default is only used to create the Permission Group – individual users cannot be assigned a Default.
- Avoids repetitive steps when creating a group of new users with identical security permissions.
Individual employees are assigned, either with individually selected Division and Permission rights or by
Permission Groups (i.e. Default).
Creating a Superuser
1. Select Security from the File Menu
2. Enter employee name in Login Name field.
3. Select SUPERUSER
4. Enter a Password (at least 6 characters with 1 capital letter
and 1 number)
5. Enter Single Sign-on Acct (this is the Citrix user ID assigned to the employee to link both accounts together)
6. Check Add/Edit User.
7. Enter employee name in Name (Last/First) field.
8. Click Save
Note: The Single Sign-on Acct field allows the user to automatically log into Vision upon clicking the Vision icon and connecting through the Citrix application.
Creating a DEFAULT Group
1. Enter a DEFAULT group name in the Login Name field.
2. Select DEFAULT
3. Enter a Password
4. Note: A Single Sign-on Acct is not needed for DEFAULT
5. Enter the DEFAULT group name in the Name (Last/First)
6. Click Save (before selecting permissions)
7. Click Edit to continue security setup
8. Select applicable permissions.
9. Click Save
Creating a USER
1. Enter employee name in Login Name field.
2. Select USER
3. Enter a Password
4. Enter Single Sign-on Acct (this is the Citrix user ID assigned to the employee to link both accounts together)
5. Check Add/Edit User, if applicable.
6. Enter employee name in Name (Last/First) field.
7. Click Save (before selecting permissions, this is important or else the permissions may not save properly)
8. Click Edit to continue security setup
9. Click the Levels tab and select applicable division, level, or
10. Click on the Division tab (Permissions) and select applicable
11. Click Save
Creating a USER (copying a DEFAULT group)
1. Complete steps 1-9 above.
2. Do NOT select individual permissions.
3. Select the DEFAULT group from the Copy From drop-down.
4. Select “C” (Current Division) to copy to divisions highlighted (under Levels tab) or
5. Select “A” (All Divisions) to copy all divisions (under Levels tab)
6. Click Save
NOTE: Please refer to document Vision Security – Permissions with Sample Groups.xls for permission definitions.