In this article we will go over how to create a patrol post in TLM Vision.
Patrol Post is used when there is no specific employee assigned to a schedule. Someone may, for
instance, drive around in a car and stop at several locations. The billing can be based the number of
stops or hours. With this type of post, you will not assign an employee. You just assign a Patrol.
Billing Reports for Patrol
Billing Detail by Location for Patrols
How to Create a Patrol Post
1. Create a New Post and select the Post Type as Patrol
2. Enter the Post Rate (i.e. rate per stop). Do NOT enter a Payroll Rate.
How to Create a Patrol Tour
1. When you select Patrol Post Type, Default Stops display on the Tour Master
2. Enter Time In and Time Out
3. Enter # of Default Stops per day
4. Enter # resources per day.
- The # of Default Stops is multiplied by the # of resources per day.
- If you enter “2” Default Stops and “1” resource per day, the schedule will display 1 Patrol schedule per day but the billing will calculate for 2 stops. In this example, 2 x $140.
- If you enter “1” Default Stop and “2” resources per day, the schedule will display 2 patrol schedules per day and the billing will calculate for 2 stops. In this example, 2 x $140.
The only option for assigning a Patrol Post is Assign Patrol. The employee name will be Patrol.
Depending upon how Patrol is used is how you will schedule and pay employees.
1. Patrol for the Same Customer Set up a normal post, schedule employees for the same Tour time as the Patrol, and enter payroll rate in Post Master. This schedules & pays the employee. Do not enter a billing rate.
2. Patrol for Multiple Customers Create Customer, Location, and Post called Patrol. You create the schedule for all Patrol employees here, entering only a Post Payroll Rate. The billing is done on the individual Customer as a Flat Rate or as a Billing Adjustment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.