In this article we will go over how to create a shift restriction by GPS.
This feature will allow you to restrict an officer from starting a shift from the m-Post app outside of a GPS radius set by the security Post (level 4) in your account hierarchy.
Who Can Create a Shift Restriction by GPS?
This feature is not typically available to be set up by a Supervisor on your Guardtek account. There are 2 ways to proceed:
In order to create and restrict a shift by GPS:
1. Please contact your Customer Success Specialist to have them set it up for you.
2. Please contact your Customer Success Specialist and ask them to provide training and access to this configuration.
How to Create a Shift Restriction by GPS (If authorized)
NOTE: You will only be able to create and restrict a shift by GPS after talking to your Customer Success Specialist and going through training and having been given access to this configuration.
To restrict a shift by GPS:
1. Log onto the the Guardtek web portal as a Supervisor.
2. Hover over the Settings module and click the Client/Account Mgmt option.
3. Add or make sure there is an address at the Location level (level 2) then click the blue UPDATE button at the bottom right hand corner.
4. A pop-up box will let you know that the update was successful.
5. Click on the Post level (level 4) and then the SCHEDULED OPTIONS module.
6. In the Scheduling Options pop-up window toggle the Location option to Yes.
7. Toggling the Location option to Yes will populate the latitude and longitude of the Location to start shift based on the address entered in Level 2 of the hierarchy.
You can now set the Range limit of how far from the latitude and longitude coordinates in feet or meters the officer can start their shift.
8. Click the green Enter button at the bottom right hand corner to save your edits.