In this article we will go over the 4 steps the Supervisor needs to take in order for an Officer who is already on a schedule in SmartForce, to use m-Post.
NOTE: Before an officer can be onboarded they must already have a user profile and be on a schedule in SmartForce. This will create a user name in Guardtek.
- Onboarding Overview
- Step 1. Reset a User Password
- Step 2. Register a Device
- Step 3. Verify m-Post App Access
- Step 4. Change a Site (If Necessary)
The 4 steps to onboarding an officer from SmartForce to Guardtek are:
1. Reset the officer's password in Guardtek.
2. Register the device in Equipment.
3. Verify m-Post app access.
4. Change the Site the officer will be working on (if necessary).
Step 1. Reset a User Password
To reset a user's password:
1. Log onto the Guardtek web portal as a Supervisor.
2. Hover over the Settings module and click the Users option.
3. Find the user you want to reset the password for by typing in their last, first, or user name and then clicking the Search button.
4. Click on the green eye, Details, icon next to their name.
5. Enter the new password into the Password field or select Generate to create a randomly generated password.
6. Select the green Enter button to save the new password.
Step 2. Register a Device
A device will typically be an Android or an iOS device.
1. For a step by step guide on how to register an Android device, please review the Help Center article:
Registering a New m-Post License for an Android Device
2. For a step by step guide on how to register an iOS device, please review the Help Center article:
Registering a New m-Post License for an iOS Device
Step 3. Verify m-Post App Access
Once the password has been changed and the device has been registered the Officer should login on the m-Post app on the device to verify access.
Once the officer is logged onto the m-Post app they can verify which site they are on and if necessary, (step 4) change the site to the one they are working if different.
Step 4. Change a Site (if necessary)
Depending on the site that was selected when registering the device in Equipment, it may be necessary to change the site.
The steps for changing a site on the m-Post app vary depending on the device and platform.
1. For a step by step guide on how to change sites on an Android device, please review the Help Center article: m-Post User Training - Changing Sites (Android)
2. For a step by step guide on how to change sites on an iOS device, please review the Help Center article: m-Post User Training - Changing Sites (iOS)
Please sign in to leave a comment.