In this article we will go over how to create a widget on the dashboard. We will also define what a widget is and the uses of them.
What is a Widget?
A widget is a is quick and simple visual representation of data collected in a container in the Guardtek Web portal in the Dashboard.
It is a simple, standalone user interface, in contrast with more complex data retrieval such as a spreadsheet or PDF report.
Multiple containers and the graphical elements of a widget can be used to build a more complex visual by combining simple, smaller individual components.
How to Create a Widget
To create a widget:
1. Log onto the Guardtek web portal as a Supervisor.
2. Select the property site location you want to create the widget for (1).
3. Click on the Dashboard icon (2).
4. On the Dashboard view page there are 2 green circles with a + icon to add a widget. Click on the green circle with a + icon in the box in the upper left hand corner (1) or on the green circle with a + icon at the bottom right hand corner (2).
5. Select the style from the 6 SELECT WIDEGT TYPE options you would like to see displayed on your Dashboard (2).
NOTE: A 5 step progress bar will track which step you are on in creating a widget (1). If you choose the SELCT PREDEFINED WIDGET (3) you will only have a 2 step progress bar.
6. Once you have clicked on your selection click NEXT (4).
7. Step 2 SELECT YOUR DATA. Use the drop-down buttons to access your Report Type options.
Select the desired Report Type option between Activity, Tour or Shift.
If you select Activity then click on the Report Detail drop-down and then select specific activities or groups of activities by clicking on the corresponding checkbox.
NOTE: Mandatory fields are indicated with a red asterisk *. If you toggle the Split By option to the right the Group By field will become a mandatory field and be indicated by a red asterisk.
Dashboard Editing Options
There are 4 edit icon buttons to edit your dashboard.
(1) The 3 green dots vertical icon in the top right hand corner of the Dashboard View page:
Click the 3 green dots vertical icon will give you a drop down menu to:
Rename page - When creating multiple pages this provides a quick description of the page contents.
Exports to PDF - Create a PDF file of the Containers on the page.
Send by email - Clicking the send by email option allows you to send the Dashboard View page to yourself or another recipient.
Reorder pages - Clicking the reorder pages option opens a new window which allows you to select the viewing order of the Dashboard View pages by grabbing and dragging the page to the desired position.
Delete page - Clicking the delete page option allows you to delete a Dashboard view page but will have you verify 1st so that you don't accidently delete a page.
(2) Expand window to Full Screen
Click the green Full Screen icon at the top right hand corner of the Dashboard View page to view the window as a full screen. the full screen icon will change to an exit full screen icon
To change the full screen view back to a window view click the exit full screen icon and the icon will change back to the full screen icon option
(3) Container gear settings icon. Clicking the gear settings icon will give you a drop down menu with 4 managing and editing options.
Add a new widget - Click the Add a new widget option to add a new widget. See How to Create a Widget.
Duplicate container - Click the duplicate container option in the container you want to duplicate and a pop up window will allow you to duplicate the container to another page.
Edit Settings - Click the Edit Settings option to change the Container Styles.
Delete container - Clicking the Delete container option allows you to delete a container but will have you verify 1st so that you don't accidently delete a container.
(4) Green circle with white + icon at the bottom right hand corner of the page.
Clicking the green circle with white + icon will give you the quick option to Add a new page or Create a Container.