In this article we will go over how to add a tour using the m-Post app. We will also go over how to add NFC Tags and QR Codes.
NOTE: In order to add a tour on the m-Post app you must log on with Supervisor credentials.
- How to Get to the Add a Tour Option on m-Post
- How to Add a Tour on m-Post
How to Get to the Add a Tour Option on m-Post
There are 2 methods to get to the Add Tour option on m-Post:
Method 1 Step 1. On the Quick Tools page tap the Add Tour button.
Method 2 Step 1. Tap the Add Tour button. Tap the Global Navigation Menu icon.
Method 2 Step 2. Tap the Add Tour option in the
How to Add a Tour on m-Post
Whichever method you use to get to the Add Tour page:
1. Tap the Name Tour field and give the tour an appropriate name.
2. Add checkpoint tags.
There are 2 checkpoint tag options: NFC Tags or QR Codes.
Tap either the NFC TAG button or the QR CODE button.
3. If you are adding NFC tags to the tour and tapped the NFC TAG Button you will access a Ready to Scan screen.
Hold the back of the device about 1/2 an inch (1 cm) from the NFC tag:
NOTE: The NFC reader in an iOS device varies by model so you may need to move the device across the NFC tag to find out where the device reads the tag.
If you are adding QR Codes to the tour and tapped the QR CODE Button you will access a the devices camera.
4. The device will signal when an NFC Tag is read with a vibration and/or sound and the NFC Tag ID# will display in the TAGS IN THIS TOUR section.
The device will take a take a photo of a QR Code and the QR Code ID# will display in the TAGS IN THIS TOUR section.
NOTE: Tags that are added through m-Post will be sent to the Guardtek web portal under RFID / NFC Tag Management. A Supervisor will need to log onto the GuardTek web portal to access management of the tag(s).
5. Once the NFC Tags or QR Codes have been added tap the green ADD TOUR button.