In this article we will go over the the NFC hardware and encoding requirements and how to order NFC tags through GoToTags.
NOTE: You can purchase 3rd party NFC tags from various sources, however, GoToTags.com has partnered with us for years as our vendor of choice for high quality and reliable tags that are compatible with our m-Post and Patrol applications.
For compatibility with both iOS and Android devices, you will first need to select the physical hardware and type you want and then separately have them encoded.
Begin by selecting the NFC tag shape you will need and placing the desired quantity in your cart.
We recommend GoToTags' on-metal 30mm round token for tours, seen below.
We recommend GoToTags' PVC NFC Card for user IDs and badges.
1. Add the quantity of tags to purchase to the cart.
2. From the menu, select Encoding > NFC Tag Encoding Services
For maximum compatibility with iOS and Android devices, tags must also be encoded. Without this encoding step, our iOS app will be unable to read your tags
1. Select Encoding and NFC Tag Encoding Services
2. Select NFC Tag NDEF Encoding Service
3. For "Encoding Data Type", select "UID: NFC chip UID encoded as an NDEF text record". For "Permanently lock NFC chip?" select "Yes: NFC tags will be permanently read-only"
Leave other options blank.
4. Select a quantity that matches the number of tags in your cart and then select Add to Cart.
Note: There is a 50 tag minimum for encoding.