In this article we will go over how to set up Notification Triggers for a Tour, define what the Notification trigger options are and how to setup the Recipient for a Tour.
- How to Setup the Triggers for a Notification
- Defining the Notification Trigger Options
- How to Setup a User Recipient for a Tour Notification
How to Setup the Triggers for a Notification
To set-up a Notification for a Tour:
1. Log onto your Guardtek web portal as a Supervisor.
2. Select the specific Location you want to schedule a Tour for in the upper right hand corner drop down.
3. Once you have verified/selected the location hover over the Settings tab and click Tours:
4. You can click the green envelope icon in the Email/SMS column header to set up a "global" notification (a notification for all the Tours for this location).
You can also set up notifications for each individual Tour by clicking the green envelope icon in the Email/SMS column corresponding to the Tour Name column.
5. All Notifications set up for this Tour will appear in the Setup Notifications page. If no notifications have been set up it yet will say No data.
To add a notification click the green Add new box at the far right.
6. Click the Event field to see a drop down of the Notification triggers.
NOTE: On the right hand side of the Event field there is the option to choose All or None. To choose all of the notification triggers click All.
If you choose All but then decide you would like to start over and only certain notification triggers you can select None and you can start over.
7. Click the Event filed and then trigger(s) you want the recipient to get.
You may select All, just one trigger, None to reset, or can select multiple triggers by clicking the Event filed again and then selecting the next trigger you want to add:
Defining the Notification Trigger Options
When you click the Event field you are presented a list of 6 Notification trigger options. You can select the All option to the right of Event field or you can select individual Notification triggers.
If you select notification triggers individually here is what each trigger means:
All Tours - The recipient will be notified every time this Tour is ended by the user.
Incomplete Tours Only - The recipient will be notified only if the Tour is ended by the user and the minimum number of checkpoints was not reached.
Start Time Overdue (if scheduled) - The recipient will be notified if a Tour is scheduled to start at a specific time and it is not started by that scheduled time.
NOTE: The start time overdue would include any Grace period that had been added to the start time. For example: a Tour scheduled to begin at 12:00 with a Grace period of 00:10 would not trigger a Notification until 12:11.
End Time Overdue - The recipient will be notified if the Tour Duration set up for the Tour end time has been exceeded.
Tag Position Missed - The recipient will be notified if a Checkpoint Tag has been set up with the Yes option for the Send Anomaly When Gps Position is Missed and a checkpoint is scanned outside its set perimeter.
Tour Missed - The recipient will be notified if the scheduled Tour start time, grace period and end time have elapsed without the Tour ever being started.
How to Setup a User Recipient for a Tour Notification
To set up a User recipient for a Tour Notification first complete Steps 1 - 7.
NOTE: There are 3 different types of User Recipients that can be setup to receive the triggered Notifications. The default recipient is, GuardTek User (select user below).
GuardTek User - is a User that has Guardtek web portal access:
Employee - Can be a Tenant/Employee or Contact that is typically setup under the secondary Visitors module. The employee option is typically used for those that need to be notified of certain triggers but that don't need access to the Guardtek web portal. For example, an employee that is not directly involved in your operations but an employee of the building management.
Other Contact - Can also be used for those that need to be notified of certain triggers but that don't need access to the Guardtek web portal such as vendors, maintenance team members, or property owners.
8. Select a Notification User Recipient from the Recipient is options.
If you are setting up an existing Guardtek User, you do not have to click on the Recipient is drop-down and can bypass to Step 9.
If the Notification User Recipient you are setting up is an employee (see definition above), click the Recipient is drop-down and select Employee.
If the Notification User recipient you are setting up is another contact (see definition above), click the Recipient is drop-down and select Other Contact.
9. After selecting a GuardTek User, Employee or Other Contact, click on the Recipient's Address field and select the User Recipient you want to receive the Tour Notification(s) for.
If the Other Contact is not listed you can select -- Contact Details -- from the list and the box will expand and allow you manually add their Last Name, First Name, Company and Email:
NOTE: The User Recipient names appear in Alphabetical order according to Last Name on the left hand side of the drop-down.
If the User Recipient email address or mobile number for SMS has been appears on the right hand side of the drop-down.
For large lists of User Recipients you can click the search field and type in a recipient by either first or last name.
10. If the User Recipient has already been set up with an email or phone number/carrier email for SMS and was selected in the Recipient's Address field, then the field in the box to the right of Type of Notification should populate automatically.
If it does not, click the Type of Notification drop down and the selection will show.
NOTE: Some Notifications are not available as SMS or Voice options and will not appear in the drop-down. If an Event has not been chosen yet the drop-down will be a blank blue box.
If the User recipient was not set with an email or phone number for SMS, you will need to manually add and email address or a mobile number with the carrier suffix email in the field in the box to the right of Type of Notification.
To manually set up a triggered notification email, type in the recipients email address in the field in the box to the right of Type of Notification.
To manually set up a triggered notification as a text message for an eligible notification, select SMS in the Type of Notification drop down and type in the recipients mobile number with the carrier suffix as an email in the field in the box to the right of Type of Notification.
NOTE: If you use SMS option (text) please make sure the phone number follows this format: 18454740033 (Start with country code and no spaces, dashes, or other characters)
11. Click the Email Subject Line field and type in the desired Email Subject Line for the recipient. It should be something clear and concise as to what the email contains.
If the trigger Event is All, the email subject line may be more generic. For example, "XYZ Tour Anomaly Alert".
If the trigger Event is a specific event the email subject line may be more specific. For example, "XYZ Missed Tour".
12. Once the Use Recipient is set up as desired Click the green Save button at the lower right hand side.
The Tour Notification fields will be cleared to add additional Notification triggers and additional recipients.
The Tour Notification just saved will be displayed just below and its status can be disabled on enabled by clicking the check-mark in a green circle icon or red x in a circle icon or it can be edited by clicking the green pencil icon.
Article is closed for comments.