In this article we will go over how to add and a Tour from Guardtek.net, what the minimum requirements are, the optional tour options and how to add tags to a tour.
- How to Add a Tour using Guardtek.net
- Minimum Requirements to Add a Tour
- All Tour Options (Mandatory and Optional)
- How to Add Tags to a Tour
Best Practice: While you may add a Tour manually from Guardtek.net, it is highly recommended that you add the Tour using the m-Post App, then adjust the Tour via the web portal. This is because the NFC tags serial numbers must be recorded exactly or they will not function properly and it is much easier to have the m-Post app read and record the tag serial numbers.
To learn how add a Tour on the m-Post app click on the specific device / tag type link:
Android NFC or Android QR Code
How to Add a Tour using Guardtek.net
To add a tour using GuardTek.net:
Step 1. Verify in the Drop-down the correct property location where you wish to add the tour is selected.
Step 2. Log onto your GuardTek Home Page with Supervisor credentials.
Step 3. Hover over the Settings tab and select the Tours option.
NOTE: If you need to change your location, click the drop-down arrow to the right of the location name and select the appropriate location.
Step 4. Click on the Add a Tour button.
Minimum Requirements to Add a Tour
On the Tour Details screen, the following minimum 3 fields are required to add a Tour:
Step 5. Add a Tour Name. Name the Tour something easily recognizable or identifiable.
Step 6. Duration: Type in the time in the hh:mm format.. For example a short Tour to be completed in 30 minutes would be entered as 00:30. A longer Tour to be completed in 3 hours would be entered as 03:00.
Step 7. Tour System: Click on the drop-down menu and select M-Post/Sonim
NOTE: When M-Post/Sonim is selected additional fields will populate the Tour Details box. These are optional and can be edited.
Step 8. Click the green Create button at the lower right hand corner.
All Tour Options (Mandatory and Optional)
Here is an overview of all the option that can be added when creating a new Tour referenced numerically in descending order as they appear when m-Post/Sonim has been selected as the Tour System.
1. Tour Name - mandatory field. You should name the Tour something easily recognizable or identifiable. such as adding the name of the property or location. For example: Main St. Shopping Center Exterior Walking Tour
2. The Category drop-down lets you select from your existing categories or select New Type and create a new one and name it. This will label the Tour into a easily identifiable reporting sort in reporting metrics. Keep the data organized.
3. The Duration field allows you to change the amount of time the checkpoint Tour is expected to be completed in. If the tour is not completed when the Tour is scheduled to conclude an anomaly notification "end time overdue".
Type in the time in the hh:mm format. For example a Tour to be completed in 30 minutes would be entered as 00:30.
This mandatory field can used as a safety check on officers or a way to quickly identify a no-show.
4. The Grace Period field allows you to set or change the amount of time before an anomaly is triggered if a scheduled Tour has not been started on time. If no Grace Period is set an anomaly is triggered 1 minute after the scheduled start time if no checkpoint tag is scanned. This allows you quickly know if a Tour has not been started on time and if not, find out why.
NOTE: For scheduled tours only. This creates an allowable time range to start the tour. Example: A tour scheduled to start at 12:00 and with a 15 minute Grace Period will need to be started between 12:00 and 12:15.
To add a Grace Period, type in the time in the hh:mm format. For example, a Grace Period of 15 minutes would be entered as 00:15.
5. The On screen instructions is the message that will display in the m-Post App before the Officer starts the Tour. This can include general instruction or safety bulletins or reminds. This field can be left blank or edited.
6. The Tour System drop-down indicates the equipment being used to do the Tour. Most commonly you will use m-Post/sonim.
Active Guard - Do not use. Based on an Active Guard License
Legacy - Do Not use. Based previous software.
M-Post/Sonim - Use for all Android, iOS and Sonim devices
None - If selected the Tour can only be done from Post
7. Is position tracking only. The No toggle option is the default. If it left as No checkpoints of the Tour are fixed.
When the Yes toggle option is selected the Tour Details options will change. The Yes toggle option for is position tracking only creates a GPS pin at specific intervals that are set in the Position tracking interval (seconds) in the field below.
Using the Yes option is a great way to track mobile users by GPS ping intervals where scanning a fixed Checkpoint Tag is impractical.
The Can change tour name Yes / No toggle defaults to No and does not allow for anyone other than the creator of the Tour to be able to update the name of the Tour.
8. The Minimum # of tags for Complete Tour let's the user decide to change the number of checkpoint that must be scanned for a Tour to be considered complete. The default is 0.
When a minimum number is selected and a Tour is submitted as complete without scanning that minimum, the officer will be required to explain why on the m-Post app.
9. When the Yes / No toggle for Activate GPS Position (for each tag) is selected Yes this records the GPS location when a checkpoint is scanned and also a satellite photo in the Tour report is added to create a breadcrumb trail.
10. The Yes / No toggle for the Hide missed tags in reports can be changed to either show missed checkpoints in the reports (No) or report only the checkpoints that were scanned (Yes).
11. By selecting Yes for the Send Anomaly When Gps Position is Missed Yes / No option an anomaly notification will be generated and sent when a checkpoint is scanned outside its set perimeter.
NOTE: The Yes option cannot be selected until a set location is created for each checkpoint tag.
12. The Reading perimeter field allows you to add or change the distance in feet that the checkpoint tag must be scanned within. If a checkpoint tag is scanned outside of the set perimeter it will trigger an anomaly notification when the Send Anomaly When Gps Position is Missed field above has the Yes option selected.
13. The Can change tour name Yes / No toggle defaults to No and does not allow for anyone other than the creator of the Tour to be able to update the name of the Tour.
Selecting the Yes toggle option allows other User to change the Tour name.
How to Add Tags to a Tour
To add Tags to the Tour click the Add button in the Tags section:
Once you click Add, you will be prompted customize each Tag with information unique to that Tag.
The minimum requirement for every Tag is that it must have a unique Serial Number (S/N) and Name (Tag Name). You will not be able to click the 2nd Add button at the bottom right hand corner until the tag has a Serial Number and Name.
NOTE: It is recommended to Add Tours from the m-Post App. If you are unable to Add a Tour from the m-Post App, please be aware that you will need to still capture the value of all of your Tags prior to completing the Tour on Post
Repeat the process for all the Tags for the Tour.
When you are done adding Tags, you may select the green Create button at the bottom right hand corner to save your Tour.
Please sign in to leave a comment.