In this article we will go over how Supervisors can Enable QR Code reader function, verify the Location, and how to add a Tour with QR Codes on an Android device.
- How Enable the QR Code Reader Function
- How to Verify or Change the Location
- How to Add a Tour with QR Codes on an Android Device
How Enable the QR Code Reader Function
Before you can add a Tour with QR Codes on an Android device you need to make sure the Android device you are using has "Enable QR Code" turned on.
To enable the DR Code reader function:
1. Log onto the m-Post app.
2. Tap on the Menu icon at the top left.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Check the Enable QR Code box
NOTE: Before you begin using QR Codes at your location, make sure that the setting has been enabled on each device you plan to use.
How to Verify or Change the Location
Make sure you are logged into the location where you want to create the tour.
Your location will show up at the top of the screen.
If you need to change your location:
1. Tap on the Menu button next to the location name.
2. Tap on Change Site and select the location you wish to add the Tour for.
NOTE: If you cannot see this feature, please contact your Success Specialist or our support team.
How to Add a Tour with QR Codes on an Android Device
To add a Tour:
1. Tap on the Menu icon.
2. Tap on Add Tour.
3. Create a name for the tour in the Assign a Tour Name field and then click on the QR Code icon a the bottom right:
4. Clicking the QR Code icon will open the device camera and allow you to scan your first QR Code.
NOTE: You have the option of turning on the device flashlight by tapping the flashlight icon below the scan window.
You also have the option of using the devices auto focus feature by tapping the green ACTIVATE AUTOFOCUS button at the bottom of the screen.
Once the QR Code is successfully scanned the checkpoint tag will appear under the Assign a Tour Name.
5. Tap on the serial number to access the qwerty keypad and rename the checkpoint tag to something specific and meaningful. For example, "QR Code Door Check".
6. You can continue to add multiple QR Code checkpoints by following the same steps until all of your tags are added to the Tour.
7. Once all of your QR Codes have been added, tap the green Add Tour button and the tour is now ready to be used at this location.