In this article we will go over how to download the m-Post App and register a new m-Post license for an iOS device, also known as how to add a device, and how to properly enter the serial number.
NOTE: The ability to add a new valid device license is reserved for accounts that are billed by User and not by Device.
To add this feature, please call 1(845)474-0033 ext. 3 to reach our sales department and discuss having your contract adjusted for Billing by User.
To change the device associated with an existing license, please refer to the Resource Center article, Replace Equipment.
- How to Download the m-Post App
- How to Register a New m-Post License for an iOS Device
- How to Properly Enter the Serial Number
How to Download the m-Post App
Before you can register a new m-Post license you will first need to download the m-Post App on the iOS device you want to register and get the Device ID (Visible on the login screen).
To download the m-Post App:
1. Go to the App Store.
2. Use the search option and Type: "m-post"
3. Tap the GET button for the m-Post App.
4. Tap the OPEN button which will take you to the login screen.
5: The m-Post App will show that it is Registering... with a spinning radial line throbber.
NOTE: The Device ID displayed in between them:
How to Register a New m-Post License for an iOS Device
To register a new m-Post license for an iOS device:
1. log onto your Guardtek web portal as a Supervisor
2. Select the property location drop-down menu at the upper right hand corner to select the Location you want to Register the iOS device to.
3. Once the correct Location has been verified or selected hover over the Settings tab and click on Equipment.
4. Click the Add Equipment button on the right hand side:
5. In the Details box click the Equipment drop-down and select Guardtek License
Once Guardtek License has been selected the Details box will now include an Equipment Type drop-down and the option to select iOS.
6. Select iOS in the Equipment Type drop down:
7. Name the iOS Device something to easily identify either the type of iOS Device , the person using the iOS Device , the Location the iOS Device will be used at, or a personal preference.
8. Type in the Device ID number in the Serial Number field.
NOTE: Do not use spaces when entering the Device ID Number.
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Create button:
The iOS Device will now appear on the Equipment page as a Registered m-Post License
The iOS device will stop displaying Registering... with a spinning radial line throbber and will take the user to the login screen:
How to Properly Enter the Serial Number
When obtaining the EMEI number you will notice that the typical 15 digit number is broken into groups and contains spaces between the numbers.
It is extremely important that when entering the serial number in the Equipment section that you do NOT include spaces:
Remove all spaces when entering the Device ID in the Serial Number Field:
NOTE: In some cases the serial number can contain upper and lower case letters. Whenever upper or lower cases are included they MUST be entered in the equipment section just as they appear on the device.