In this article we will go over how to schedule an m-Post Tour for both an iOS and an Android device user via the Guardtek web portal.
- How to Schedule an m-Post Tour for both an iOS and an Android Device User
- How Schedule a Tour Using the Weekly Tour Schedule Option
- How Schedule a Tour Using the Tour Breakdown by Volume Option
How to Schedule an m-Post Tour for both an iOS and an Android Device User
To schedule an m-Post Tour for both an iOS and an Android device User:
1. Log onto your Guardtek web portal.
2. Select the specific location you want to schedule a Tour for in the upper right hand corner drop down.
3. Once you have verified/selected the location hover over the Settings module and click Tours:
4. Find the Tour Name in the left column and then click on the green calendar icon in the same row under the Schedule column to the right to add/edit scheduling:
NOTE: for long lists of Tour Names you can type in the Tour Name in the Search field to access it immediately.
5. Click the calendar icon in the Schedule column will take you to the Schedule Tour page.
NOTE: the Schedule Tour page has 2 modules: a Weekly Tour Schedule module (default) and a Tour Breakdown by Volume module.
How Schedule a Tour Using the Weekly Tour Schedule Option
To Schedule a Tour:
1. On the Weekly Tour Schedule module, type in the start time of the Tour in the box under the day of the week you want to schedule the Tour.
NOTE: Always use the 24 hour format. For example: a Tour starting a 1:30 PM would be entered as 1330.
2. Repeat this for each time and day of the week you want to schedule a Tour for and then click the green + to the far right.
3. Once the time is added and the green + is clicked the time of the Tour start will be displayed below:
NOTE: If you need to delete the Tour time simply click the green trash can icon next to the scheduled time.
4. If you need to schedule multiple Tours on the same day, you can repeat the process by typing in the next Tour time under the appropriate day and click the green + icon to the right.
How Schedule a Tour Using the Tour Breakdown by Volume Option
The Tour Breakdown by Volume module allows you to schedule a Tour by the day, a start and end time and then allows you to select a specific number of tours to be performed within the Tour Time-slot Start and Time-slot End times.
To schedule a Tour using the Tour Breakdown by Volume tab:
1. Click the Tour Breakdown by Volume tab
2. Click the drop down in the Day column and select the day you want to schedule the Tour for.
3. Type in a Time-slot Start time (Use the 24 hour format hh:mm)
4. Type in a Time-slot End time (Use the 24 hour format hh:mm)
5. Select the target number of Tours. (You can manually type in the number or edit the number by using the up and down arrows to the right of the field.)
6. Click the green + on the right hand side
7. Once the Tour Breakdown by Volume has been created the green + will turn gray.
NOTE: Once the Tour has been scheduled you will have the option to set up a notification by clicking the green envelope icon.
NOTE: You can schedule a Tour even if the Tour is inactive, however, the user will not receive a notification to start a Tour if it is inactive or until it is made active.
When an officer logs onto the m-Post App on an Android device the active scheduled Tour will appear as a card at the top of the home screen:
When an officer logs onto the m-Post App on an iOS device the active scheduled Tour will appear as a button at the top of the home screen: