In this article we will go over how a Supervisor can add a Tour with NFC Tags on an Android Device, how an Android device User can turn on the NFC reader and how to verify the property location.
- How to Turn a Device NFC Reader Feature On
- How to Verify the Property Location
- How to Add a Tour with NFC Tags on an Android Device
How to Turn a Device NFC Reader Feature On
Before you can add a Tour with NFC Tags on an Android device you need to make sure that the device you are using has its NFC reader feature turned on.
Methods may verify from device to device and manufacture but here is the most common current method:
- From a home screen, tap Apps.
- From the Apps tab, tap Settings.
- Tap Share & Connect.
- Tap the NFC switch to turn on or off. If presented with NFC Note, tap OK.
NOTE: Before you can do a Tour using NFC Tags at a property location, you need to make sure that the NFC feature has been enabled on each device you plan to use at that location.
How to Verify the Property Location
Make sure you are logged into the property location where you want to create the tour.
Your location will show up at the top of the screen.
If you need to change your location, tap on the menu button next to the location name and tap on Change Site and select the location you wish to add the Tour for. If you don't see this option, please contact your Success Specialist or our Support team.
How to Add a Tour with NFC Tags on an Android Device
To add a Tour with NFC Tags:
1. Tap on the Menu icon.
2. Tap on Add Tour.
3. Create a name for the tour in the Assign a Tour Name field.
4. Hold the device up to the NFC tag to read the serial number of the NFC Tag.
5. Tap on the serial number to access the qwerty keypad to assign a more descriptive name.
6. Repeat the same process for all NFC Tags for the Tour.
7. Once all of the NFC Tags have been read and renamed exit the qwerty keypad and tap the Add Tour button.
The Tour will now be available to be performed and can be edited/modified on the Guardtek.net web portal.
For further instruction, please see the Article How to Manage Tours