In this article we will go over an overview of activity and incident templates, how to configure and edit template authorizations, and the types of authorizations and pending reports.
- Configuring Template Authorizations Overview
- How to Edit the Authorizations for a Template
- How to Allow Pending Reports
Configuring Template Authorizations Overview
Each Activity Template or Incident Template will have its own rules or Authorizations for how a User can interact with it based on their Role. Authorizations define who can Read the report, File the report, Edit a report that is in pending status, and officially Close a report that is in pending status. This can be used for to create a review process for reports between an Officer Role User and a Supervisor.
Some examples include:
- Having an Activity Template for a “Paid Time Off Request” that does not need to be read by the Client or other Officers
- A “Disciplinary” Report only available and viewable by Supervisor Roles
How to Edit the Authorizations for a Template
To edit the authorizations for a template:
1. Hover over Settings, select Activity Templates (or Incident Templates).
2. Locate the appropriate template and click the lock icon in the Authorizations column.
Clicking this for any Template will open a window with a table of User Roles and the Authorizations.
Enable & Disable by User Role
By clicking on the green check for each role, it will change to a red X and disable that role’s ability to Read, File, Edit, and Close this specific Template. Clicking again will reset to the green check to allow.
1. Authorization to Read: By disabling this Authorization, User’s with this Role will not be able to view reports using this template in your Logbook.
2. Authorization to Write: By disabling this Authorization, User’s with this Role will not be able to create new reports using this template.
3. Authorization to Edit: By disabling this Authorization, User’s with this Role will not be able to edit pending reports from this template. Meaning, the officer can’t go back into a pended report to continue inputting information.
NOTE: Only applies to Pending Reports. See below for details.
4. Authorization to Close: By disabling this Authorization, User’s with this Role will not be able to close pending reports from this template. This can be used to restrict the Officer Role from Closing the report before it has been reviewed.
NOTE: Only applies to Pending Reports.
How to Allow Pending Reports
Edit and Close Authorizations will be unavailable unless the Template is set to allow Pending Reports. By allowing this, the User writing this specific report will be able to Save for Follow Up instead of just File and Close.
To enable this setting:
1. Edit the Template and click on the Template Details.
2. Make sure Allow “Pending” Status is on.
3. (Optional) You can set the maximum number of days this report should be in pending. This parameter can be used for setting up notifications and will display a deadline when viewing your pending reports.