To begin, only Supervisors have access to add a User.
1. Select Settings, then Users.
2. Select Add A User on the right side of the page.
3. Select the User Role and enter their information below.
4. Enter their First and Last Name.
5. Optional: To attach a photo, select the graphic and navigate to the picture using the File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
6. When possible, add the User’s Email and Phone Number.
- The email and/or phone number will be required to set up Notifications for this user.
- When adding the phone number, it must be formatted with the country code first and no dashes or parentheses. Example: +12125551234.
7. Create a Username.
- Keep in mind that this is permanent and cannot be changed in the future.
- Usernames must be unique. A best practice is to make usernames specific to your company like adding a prefix or suffix to help create a unique username
- Example: officer.tf or JDoe.GT
8. Create a Password.
- By default, the password must be 8 characters long.
- When any User logs into GuardTek.net from a computer for the first time, they will be prompted to reset their password.
- If the User only uses the mobile application, they will not be prompted to reset their password.
9. Optional: Select the appropriate Permission Level for the user.
GuardTek will allow a User to view other Users on who have either an equal or lesser permission level. By default, a user permission will be applied based on the user role you selected, but you can change the permission level if needed.
For example, a Supervisor at level 30 can view all Users that have a level 30 and below, but he cannot view or edit Users with higher permission levels.
Users with Permission Level 90 will be added to all sites automatically.
The default Permission Levels by Role are:
- Client = 0
- Officer = 0
- Supervisor = 30
10. Select a User Group.
User Groups will dictate the specific access rights and abilities that each User will get.
It is important not to assign a User to more than 1 User Group. Belonging to more than one User Group can cause a conflict in what this user is allowed to access and edit in GuardTek.
When in doubt, a User should be placed in the User Group that matches their Role.
If you would like to modify the access rights or create more groups, contact your Success Specialist and they will customize these groups to your liking.
11. Select Update to save the settings.
12. Assign the user to a Post.
Post Assignments will determine the Sites a User has access to. Users can be added to any amount of sites within your platform and their Post Assignments can be changed at any time.
13. Click Update to save the User and the Post Assignments.