In this article we will go over how to set up automatic reporting for attendance tracking.
Attendance data is only available if your operatives are using the start and end shift features in GuardTek.
NOTE: When an operative select starts and end shift in GuardTek, if no schedule was previously assigned to that user, GuardTek logs a shift equaling the times worked. This means that your Scheduled Hours Worked VS Actual Hours Worked will show exact same information.
- How to Set up Automatic Reporting for Attendance Tracking
How to Set up Automatic Reporting for Attendance Tracking
To set up automatic reporting for logbook Activities:
1. Log onto the Guardtek web portal as an Admin or Supervisor.
2. Hover over the Reporting Tool module and click Automatic Reporting.
3. On this page you will find any existing automatic reports you have already created.
NOTE: these reports are user specific and you can only see the reports templates you have created.
The automatic reporting set up is a 3-stage process: first you create your report template, then you create your email recipients and last you create your schedule.
They are independent however. Once you create your template you could just click the run icon to run the report on screen or once you created your emails recipients you could just click send.
Create a Report Template
1. Click Add New
2. Choose Shift on the drop-down menu
3. Name your report (be specific especially if you set up multiple reports)
4. Check the boxes for reporting format PDF and Excel
5. Click Enter
6. Select Time Period to be covered on the drop-down menu
The following options are available:
- Last Hours (a new field opens to add number of hours)
- Last 12 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Last 90 Days
- Last Days (a new field opens to add number of hours)
7. Select your sites. You can select multiple posts as required
8. Select type of analysis. You can make multiple selections as required
“Site Coverage Bar Chart” should be used in combination with “Sorted By”. Only one sort option can be selected at a time.
“Site Coverage XY Chart” needs to be used in combination with “Show Trend Curve By”
Shift Coverage Report: provides an excel summary and an excel detailed report on Scheduled hours worked vs Actual hours worked. Used for instance to send to HR department for payroll purposes.
Example of an Excel Summary (after converting from original CSV file format)
Sample of an Excel Detailed Report (after converting from original CSV file format)
NOTE: All GuardTek Excel files are on a CSV format. To convert to an Excel Workbook format, check this article "How to Convert CVS Excel Files (.csv) to Excel Workbook format (.xlsm)".
Site Coverage Bar Chart: this option gives a bar chart summary of Scheduled total hours VS Actual total hours.
Site Coverage Bar Chart – Sorted by Post: this option gives a bar chart summary per post. This option is only useful if you selected multiple posts on your site selection.
Site Coverage Bar Chart – Sorted by Officer: this option gives a bar chart summary per officer.
Site Coverage XY Chart: this option gives a trend curve analysis sorted by month, week or day for upward/downward fluctuations analysis. Your option should be aligned with the chosen time that you are reporting on.
9. Click Enter at bottom of page to save your template
Your template will now show on the main page.
Create a Email Recipient(s)
1. Locate desired template and under Email field click on Email icon
2. Select Add New
3. Under Recipient select either GuardTek User, Employee or Other Contact.
4. Click on drop down arrow and search for the name on the recipient address list. System will save all previously added contact details but if you don’t see it on the list just choose “Other Contact”, complete contact details and click Add.
5. Type of notification is set automatically to email. Reconfirm that email address is correct and click Add.
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 to add multiple recipients. Once done click Close and double check on notifications screen all is correct before selecting Close again.
Create a Report Schedule
1. Locate desired template and under Schedule Field click on “Not Defined”
2. Set your start and end dates by clicking on calendar icon and selecting a date from there
3. Select frequency. Depending on your selection different menus open for further selection
4. Input time of day report is to be generated and click Add. You can select multiple times
5. Save your schedule by selecting Enter at bottom of the page
To make changes to your schedule just click on it and repeat steps above.