In this article we will go over how to assign an officer to a shift schedule in GuardTek.
NOTE: You need to create a shift prior to be able to assign it to am officer. If you have not done so already please click the create a shift link and review the Help Center article.
- How to Assign an Officer to a Schedule in GuardTek
- Troubleshooting - the Officer Name it not on the Drop Down Menu
How to Assign an Officer to a Schedule in GuardTek
To assign an officer to a schedule in GuardTek:
1. Log onto the GuardTek Web portal as an Admin or Supervisor.
2. click on Plus Icon on the main menu.
3. Hover over the Schedules Module and click Security Officer Scheduling.
When you log into this to menu it automatically displays the current month.
4. If required, change month before proceeding.
5. Click the officer drop down menu and select the officer you want to schedule.
6. Click the green Add Shifts button at the right hand side of the page.
7. Add the Shift.
Click the Function drop down menu and select the desired function if applicable.
Start / End Date (2)
Click the green calendar icons to select a Start Date and End Date.
Applies to (3)
Click the Applies to drop down menu and select the appropriate shift description.
Click the Shifts drop down menu and select the appropriate shift description.
Once the shift options have been selected click the green Enter button at the bottom right hand corner.
Troubleshooting - the Officer Name it not on the Drop Down Menu
If the Officer Name it not on the Drop Down Menu, it can be either one of two options:
The user has not been provided access to the site.
Go to Settings > Users and search for the user. Click on sites icon to view or add access to sites.
The user is not a security officer or a site manager role.
Go to Settings > Users and search for the user to check what role is assigned.
By default, only security officer and site managers are set up to assign shifts to. Supervisors/Administrators roles, Dispatcher, Inspector etc,. need to be enabled by the Support team.
Contact your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com requesting to extend schedules to these roles.