In this article we will go over how to restrict access to a Key or Asset.
- How to Restrict Access to a Key or Asset
NOTE: The /Key or Assets module allows to keep track of keys or assets that are being loaned or checked out to an employee or visitor (usually contractors).
You can restrict access to a specific key or asset (for example safe keys) so that only authorized users can check it out.
So instead of free access to loan key to any existing or new user, officer can only select from a restricted list that you have assigned.
How to Restrict Access to a Key or Asset
In order to restrict access to a key or asset:
1. Log in to the GuardTek.net web portal as an Admin or Supervisor.
2. Hover over the Settings module and click Keys Loan and Check-Out
3. Search for the key and click on Icon showing under Authorized Carriers
You will have two user categories: Employees or Pre-Registered Visitors
4. Choose a User Category: Employee/Staff or Pre-Registered Visitors
5. Choose a User Group: All, Company or Employee
All Users within selected category are authorized carriers
All Users associated with selected company or department are authorized carriers
Only selected user name will be an authorized carrier
If the Employee name is not on the list, you need to add it via the Tenant Directory
If the Visitor name is not on the list, you need to add via Pre-Register a Visitor
6. Once selection is done just click Add.
You can add as many authorized carriers as desired