In this article we will go over how to reset a password and when a password needs to be reset.
NOTE: All users will be required reset their password the first time they log into m-Post. If they get an error code that their password has expired, they simply just need to enter a new one based on the Company Password Policy.
For an in depth look at setting a company password policy please see the Help Center article, Setting Your Company Password Policy.
- How to Reset a Password in Guardtek
- How to Reset an Expired Password on m-Post
- When Does a Password Need to be Reset?
How to Reset a Password in Guardtek
NOTE: To reset a password you must have access to the Users drop-down option in Settings.
1. Hover over the Settings module and click the Users option.
2. In the user list view, find the password user and click the green pencil edit icon in the Action column.
3. In the General Information pop-up window, enter a new password in the Password field based on the Company Password Policy.
4. Once the password has been reset, click the green Update button at the bottom right hand corner of the page.
How to Reset an Expired Password on m-Post
To reset an expired password on m-Post:
1. Follow the prompts based on the platform your device is on.
For an Apple device (iOS) you will need to enter your Current password and then create a New password based on your companies Password Policy. If you do not know your companies password policy contact your immediate supervisor for additional direction. You will need to enter the new password you create twice to verify it.
For an Android device you will need to simply create a New password based on your companies Password Policy. If you do not know your companies password policy contact your immediate supervisor for additional direction. You will need to repeat the new password you create twice to verify it.
When Does a Password Need to be Reset?
There are 2 occasions when a user will need to reset their password.
1. A password will need to be reset when a m-Post user logs onto the app for the first time.
When a System Admin or Supervisor creates a new User they also create or Generate a password.
NOTE: This password is temporary.
When a m-Post user logs on with the password created upon setup they will be prompted to reset their password. How to Reset a Password on m-Post
2. When the expiration date has passed as set up in the Company Password Policy.