This article will review how to hire a new employee using the quick-hire option.
To hire a new employee using the quick hire option:
1. Log onto your Trackforce Valiant web portal.
2. Hover over or click on the HR module and click Quick Hire in the Important Actions column at the left-hand side of the page.
3. On the Employee Quick Hire Form page, type in the new employee's social security number in the Social Security Number field in the Organizational Information section (1).
4. When you type in the new employee's SSN, an Apply button will appear. Click Apply once the SSN has been added correctly in the Social Security Number field.
NOTE: You will see a quick Processing... indication as the system checks the database for the SSN you entered and verifies that it doesn't already exist.
5. Click on the Business Unit drop-down menu. In the popup window, click on the Business Unit Name you want to assign the new employee to and then click the Select button at the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
6. This will pre-populate the Department, Job, and Status fields.
7. Fill out each applicable section by clicking the expand button on the left of each section.
NOTE: Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk
NOTE: The Email Address: field is not marked as mandatory. However, the employee must register and use the app if the client is using ESS.
The Phone: number field is not marked as mandatory. However, if the client uses SMS on the app, their phone number must be added.
Employment Dates (5)
Pay Info (6)
Additional Attributes (7)
The Date of Birth: field is not marked as mandatory. However, the employee must register and use the app if the client is using ESS.
NOTE: Taxes are divided into three subcategories: Federal, State, and Local.
8. Once all the mandatory and optional fields are filled out, click the Save button at the bottom right-hand corner.
If any mandatory fields/information is left unpopulated, you will get a red ERROR banner explaining the required action. (in this example zip code was unpopulated)
Once all the mandatory information fields have been completed, you will get a green SUCCESS banner letting you know the employee was successfully added.