In this article, we will go over the Valiant Tablet Kiosk Application functions and how to use the Valiant Tablet Kiosk Application.
- What is the Valiant Tablet Kiosk Application?
- How to Setup Initial Admin Enrollment
- The Enrollment Process
- The Employee Login & Punch / Self-Service Process
- Recovering your PIN Number
What is the Valiant Tablet Kiosk Application?
The tablet application provides employees access to their information, such as pay statements, a view of their schedule, and the ability to clock in and out of their shifts.
To use this app, the employee must first complete the Employee Self Registration process using their email address or be provided a PIN number manually generated from the Employee Profile record inside the Portal.
Once either of the above processes have been completed, the employee will be provided a PIN which will be used to authenticate on the tablet once a tablet Admin enrolls them.
NOTE: Tablet Admins enrolling their employees on the tablet must first have their Admin account created by a Valiant representative and configured accordingly. If they require an Admin account, provide your Valiant rep with the email to be used, and they will move forward in creating the account and providing them with the Admin PIN.
Suppose the respective Admin needs to have the ability to punch as well. In that case, they will need to follow the registration process above using a different email address than the one used to provide them Admin access, where they will then be provided a separate PIN to punch. They will continue using the original PIN Valiant provided to perform enrollment.
How to Setup Initial Admin Enrollment
To set up the initial admin enrollment:
1: Log into the tablet utilizing the PIN Only method by pressing the following button from the home screen:
2. Enter your Admin PIN number and press the Enter button:
3. The Admin home screen will be shown. Press the “V” icon at the upper left corner of the screen, followed by “Finger Print Center,” where it will prompt you to enter a PIN. Enter your Admin PIN again and press the Enter button:
4. You (the initial Admin) will need to press the “Enroll Primary” button and place your fingerprint on the sensor to enroll your primary fingerprint and associate it with your Admin profile:
5. You (the initial Admin) will then press the “Enroll Secondary” button and place a second different finger on the sensor to use as a backup authentication method:
7. Hit the OK button to confirm the enrollment process and be brought back to the Admin main menu, and then press the “V” icon followed by “Sign-Out” to close out the session:
You can now use your fingerprint as an authentication method to enroll other Admins as well as employees.
The Enrollment Process
1. Log into the tablet using Admin credentials (for enrolling Self-Service employees), and press the Fingerprint button from the home screen:
2. Enter the Admin PIN and press the Enter button:
3. Place your finger on the sensor after the countdown expires and wait until it is accepted:
4. The Admin home screen will be shown. Press the “V” icon at the upper left corner of the screen followed by “Finger Print Center,” where it will then prompt the employee being enrolled to enter their PIN and press the Enter button:
5. The employee being enrolled will need to place their fingerprint on the sensor and press the “Enroll Primary” button to enroll their primary fingerprint and associate it with their employee profile:
6. The same employee will then be prompted to place another fingerprint of their choosing on the sensor to use as a secondary backup authentication method and press the “Enroll Secondary” button to confirm enrollment:
7. Hit the OK button to confirm the employee enrollment process and be brought back to the Admin main menu, where you may repeat the process to continue enrolling additional employees or press the “V” icon followed by “Sign-Out” to close out the Admin session:
The Employee Login & Punch / Self-Service Process
1. Press the Fingerprint button from the home screen:
2. Enter the Employee PIN and press the Enter button:
3. Place the employee’s finger on the sensor after the countdown expires and wait until it is accepted:
4. The employee will be brought to the main menu and be shown the respective punch action that applies to them (depending on the time of authentication and the current punch rules in effect), where they can press the respective punch button to perform the action in question:
(Example, employee logging in again after the initial punch has been processed)
5. In addition to performing punch actions on the tablet, the employee can also access their Schedule and Payroll related information (if applicable) by pressing the “V” from the main menu and then pressing the respective button below:
Recovering Your PIN Number
1. From the Home screen of the tablet, press the “V” button followed by the “Forgot PIN” button below:
2. Enter the email address used to register for the self-service account in question and press the “Find PIN” button:
3. The PIN will then be shown (if one exists for the email address entered, if no PIN appears, then the registration process was never completed fully for the associated email address):