In this article we will go over how to add a business unit to a data filter group.
How to Add a Business Unit(s) to a Data Filter Group
To add a business unit to a data filter:
1. Log onto your Trackforce Valiant web portal.
2. Hover over or click on the Settings module and click Data Filter Group in the Important Actions column at the left hand side of the page.
3. Locate the Data Filter Group you want to add Business Units to and left click on it.
4. Click on the Actions drop down in the upper right hand corner and click Add New Filter.
5. In the Security Filter Creation Template section click on the Assignment Level (1) drop down menu and select Business Unit.
NOTE: In some rare circumstances you may select one of the other drop down selections other than Business Unit. Please contact your Trackforce Valiant Customer Success Manager for specific details when making an alternate selection other than Business Unit.
The Federal EIN Master (2) drop down will auto populate.
6. In the Business Unit drop down menu you can select a single Business Unit Name or on multiple Business Unit Names by clicking the checkbox(es) next to the business unit name(s) you want to add to the Data Filter and then click on the Select button at the bottom right hand corner.
CASE STUDY: A client may have multiple divisions, for example 10, and they want to give access to 9 because one of the divisions is salaried employees or the owner is in that division and they don't want everyone having access to the owners information. Such a division could be named "all divisions except executive division".
NOTE: When the Business Unit option is selected in the Assignment Level drop down menu the Customer and Department drop down menu fields will be grayed out and be non-functional.
7. Once the Business Unit: has been selected click on the Add New Filter button at the bottom right hand corner.
8. A green checkmark SUCCESS banner will let you know that the Business Unit(s) have been successfully added.