In this article we will go over the Holiday Master in Vision which allows a list of holidays to be created and that is assigned at the Location Master.
Hours during this time period will be considered Holiday pay in the appropriate column on reports.
- Division Settings
- How to Create the Holiday Master
- How to Manage the Holiday at the Location Master
- How to Edit the Holiday Master File for Next Year’s Holidays
1. Select Division Settings from the Tools Menu.
2. Select System tab.
3. Select options (Date, Time, & Rate) to be updated at the assigned Locations when the main Holiday Master is edited.
4. Select Bypass Holiday Level for Billing if you are currently paying holiday but not billing holiday.
How to Create the Holiday Master
To create the Holiday Master:
1. Select Holiday Master from the Masters menu.
2. Click New.
3. Enter Holiday description.
4. Select Holiday Level.
NOTE: Levels are used in conjunction with the Employee Master to create groups of employees where holiday benefits may be applied differently. All employees must be assigned a Holiday Level. None should be left at Default.
5. Select Date From and To.
NOTE: Holidays are typically created for a 24-hour period commencing 00:00 (midnight) of the first day to 00:00 (midnight) of the second day.
6. Enter FACTOR or RATE for billing/payroll. Important: If you leave the factor/rate at 0, it will default to the holiday factor/rate at the Post Master.
7. Click Save. A window will open to ask you if you want to populate into all locations.
If you select YES then the holiday will be assigned to all existing locations and any new Locations added in the future. They may be edited/removed at the applicable Locations.
If you select NO, the holiday must be manually assigned at the applicable Locations.
How to Manage the Holiday at the Location Master
To edit the Holiday at the Location Master:
If the holiday master has been created, you can add or delete an individual holiday at the Location. You can also edit the dates and billing/payroll factors and rates. Select Holiday from the drop-down menu at the bottom of Location Master.
Add a Holiday
1. Click New.
2. Select a Holiday.
3. Click Save
Delete a Holiday
1. Highlight a Holiday.
2. Click Delete
Edit a Holiday
1. Highlight a Holiday.
2. Click Edit.
3. Make the appropriate changes.
4. Click Save
How to Edit the Holiday Master File for Next Year’s Holidays
To edit the Holiday Master file for next year’s holidays:
It is not necessary to create new holidays for a new year.
It is recommended that you Edit the holiday, change the dates, and answer the questions appropriately for updating existing locations and new locations.
REMINDER: Verify division settings to ensure applicable fields will be updated.
The systems hierarchy for holiday pay will be applied to the specified Locations when the holiday dates