In this article, we will answer the frequently asked question, why do some fields try to auto-populate in Guardtek? Also, the related and frequently asked follow-up question, how can I prevent this?
Auto-populating fields is not a function that you can control in Guardtek, but rather it is a browser feature that stores your information in a cache and auto-fills forms and fields such as those that ask for shipping, billing, user names, and password information.
This becomes an issue typically when setting up new users or managing a user profile.
Depending on your browser, you can turn this feature on or off. This is also commonly referred to as clearing the cache.
Here are the methods of the top 3 Internet Browsers:
To enable or disable autofill in Google Chrome:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click Customize and control Google Chrome in the screen's upper-right corner.
3. Select Settings.
4. On the Settings tab, under the Autofill section, there are three options you can set up for autofill: Passwords, Payment methods, Addresses, and more. Click the desired option to configure Autofill settings.
5. Click the toggle switch for any of these options to the (enabled) or (disabled) position.
To enable or disable autofill in Safari:
1. Open Safari.
2. In the menu bar, open the menu, and click Preferences.
3. open the AutoFill tab in the Preferences window.
4. Click the checkboxes next to the forms you want to disable or enable.
Other Internet Browsers
If you are using another Internet browser not listed above, you can go into the search feature of the Internet browser and type in, "How do I enable and disable autofill in my browser?" This should direct you to a browser-specific article with instructions to enable and disable the autofill function.