Learn how to create a PTT channel to communicate with employees who trigger a Lone Worker alert.
Establish verbal communication with employees in distress efficiently from the command center. Increase worker safety and decrease dispatch reaction time. You can create an ad-hoc PTT channel from two locations in the Command Center.
Before you start
Here are some things you must do before you start:
- Set up Lone Worker Protections
- Enable push-to-talk on the device your staff will use:
- Select Settings
- Choose Equipment Mgmt
- Choose the device
- Select the pencil icon to edit
- Change Activate Push To Talk to Yes
Create a PTT channel from the map
- To create a channel from the map, go to Logbook > Command Center > Map
Select the icon displaying the warning sign.
- This opens a panel to the left of the map.
- Choose the Microphone icon.
The channel is created automatically between the user in distress and the command center. The channel name combines the Command Center user and the type of alert.
Create a PTT channel from the device list
To create a channel from the device list:
- Go to Logbook > Command Center > Devices.
- Select the Warning icon in the Active Alarm column. The pop-up displays the last alert and known location.
- Select the Microphone icon to establish a PTT channel and communicate with the worker in distress.
You can now communicate directly with the worker in distress through push-to-talk (PTT).