In this article we will go over how to add a new key or asset.
NOTE: The term "key" is primarily used but asset is also used in this feature to refer to any item that is inventoried or that needs to be internally checked in or out during a shift such as a radio, fob, etc.
It is often also used when checking out items to vendors while on site.
How to Add a Key or Asset
To add a new key or asset:
1. Go to Settings > Keys/Assets (Keys Loan & Check Out)
2. Choose ADD KEY by clicking the green button at the top right of the work window.
It will open a new window to fill in information
3. Under “Type” select an existing Type or select “New Type” to create new. If you choose “New Type” it will prompt to enter a name and once you save the key you are trying to create this new type will become available on the dropdown list for future use.
"Type" allows you to create Keys Categories. Examples: Safe Keys, Exterior Keys, etc.
4. Add a name of the key or asset you want to create. It should be a distinctive name, especially if you have more than one to avoid confusing when Security Officers are searching the list for the key or asset to check out on the system.
Example: Main Entrance Main Key + Main Entrance Back Up 1 + Main Entrance Back Up 2
This allows you to set a maximum time the key can be kept out by the assigned user. Minimum is 5 minutes and maximum allowed by system is 20 hours. This field is optional and can be left blank.
However, if you do select a time once it key is not checked-in within the specified time, GuardTek will trigger an anomaly alert visible and/or distributed to specified users under Anomalies.
If you select a time, it will also create an visual alert for security officer if a key was not returned within maximum time you allotted that key to be out of inventory.
5. Instructions. (This is optional field.)
NOTE: This optional field does not work with m-Post.
Add here a instruction to security officers when checking out this key
Once you completed the fields you can either choose Add Keys OR Create
If you choose ADD KEYS it will prompt two new information fields where you can a key description and a key ID/Serial number (optional fields). You then choose CREATE to complete the key creation
Continue to add keys or assets to this set by clicking the plus icon () and entering the necessary Description and Item ID. Repeat this process as many times as required.
If you choose CREATE it creates key and it takes you back to main screen
Please sign in to leave a comment.